February Dental Health Awareness Month Special
As your pet ages, dental disease can advance and might negatively affect organ function. Oral bacteria can enter the bloodstream and cause infection to the lining of the heart chambers and other organs. Addressing dental disease early can prevent various disease and conditions such as:
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Broken or loose teeth
- Abscesses or infected teeth
- Bad breath
- Reduced Appetite or refusal to eat
- Pain in or around the mouth
- Bleeding and swelling from the mouth
What is Involved with a Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning is performed under anesthesia to allow full cleaning, assessment, and imaging of all teeth. Screening labwork, intravenous fluids, and advanced multi-point anesthesia monitoring greatly reduces the risks of the procedure, especially with senior pets and those with existing conditions.
A dental cleaning includes:
- Removal of all plaque and tartar build up
- Enamel polishing to prevent future buildup of plaque and calculus
- Full-mouth dental x-rays to assess the health of all teeth below the gumline
- Full-mouth gum health assessment for gum/bone loss around the teeth
To help stress the importance of this preventative care, we are offering a $75 discount on procedures scheduled in February! Space is limited so please call today to reserve your appointment!